Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Chocolate Chip Protein Muffins


I love sunflower seed butter, so when I found this recipe I knew I had to give it a try!  There is added sugar in this nut butter, so make sure you pay attention to portion sizes. Sometimes I miss muffins and bagels, so this was an awesome dairy and gluten free option. They were very delicious! I'm sure you could easily swap the chocolate chips for blueberries for one of the favorites: blueberry muffins!

Ingredients
  • 1 cup sunflower seed butter
  • 3 eggs, whisked
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
  • 35 grams (1 scoop) of Protein Powder (or 1 tablespoon coconut flour if you don’t use protein powder)
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • ½ teaspoon baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • ½ cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips or other dark chocolate chips
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Add sunflower seed butter, eggs and vanilla extract to a large bowl and mix well.
  3. Then add protein powder, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt and mix well.
  4. Fold in chocolate chips and coconut.
  5. Pour batter into 10 baking cups in a muffin tin. I used silicone baking cups to keep them from sticking.
  6. Bake for 15-20 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment