I love sweet potatoes and buffalo chicken had me thinking wings, so when I found this recipe I knew I had to give it a try! It was amazing. I put it over spinach to add some green to the meal. It was a delicious dinner, and an even better lunch the following two days. Leftovers make life so much easier.
- 2lbs ground beef
- 1lb ground chicken
- 1 yam diced
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place your ground beef a bowl along with your herbs: basil, parsley, and orgeano as well as some salt and pepper.
- Add the ground beef to a 9×13 glass baking dish and place in the oven to bake for 12-15 minutes.
- While your ground beef bakes, place a large skillet over medium heat and add your coconut oil to the pan. Once the coconut oil becomes hot, add your diced yams.
- Cover to help steam and cook for about 5 minutes or so.
- When your yams begin to soften, add your ground chicken along with your garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper.
- Use a wooden spoon to break up the chicken, then cover to help cook through completely.
- When the chicken is done cooking through, add your hot sauce and mix thoroughly.
- When your ground beef is done cooking through, add your chicken and yam/sweet potato mixture on top of the beef. Then add a bit more hot sauce to top it all off.
- Bake for about 5 minutes.