I have a piece of candy everyday, and some days I eat a box of Mike and Ikes before 8:00 am! (oops) With jellybean and coconut egg season coming up, I have to make sure I have some better options available. These chocolate turtles are awesome and won't give you the crash that processed sugar gives you. They're also really easy to make. I'm going to try to make clean chocolate peanut butter eggs later this month, so check back!
Clean Eating Chocolate Turtles
- 4 squares unsweetened baker's chocolate
- 3 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 108 raw almonds (I use 6 almonds for each turtle)
- Melt chocolate in microwave for 2 minutes. Stir.
- Continue melting chocolate in microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each one.
- When you have very small clumps left, stop microwaving and just stir until the chocolate melts completely.
- Stir in brown rice syrup and honey.
- Portion out 6 almonds for each turtle on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Pour approximately 2 tsp. chocolate over each cluster of nuts.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Storage: Keep in refrigerator.