Tuesday, June 18, 2013

100 Day Burpee Challenge

This weekend I finished the 100 Day Burpee Challenge.
Let's start off with what a burpee is. If you are not sure check it out!

Now here is how the challenge works:
Do 1 burpee on day 1, 2 on day 2, 3 on day 3, etc. At the end of the challenge, you will have completed 5,050 burpees!

There are many different versions out there, but here are some rules we followed:
1. You can complete each day's burpees all at once, or broken up and done at different times throughout the day.
2. If you miss a day, you have to make up all the missed burpees within the week.
3. Burpees scheduled during daily workouts do not count toward the burpee challenge.

It was a lot harder than I thought it would be. After day 60 I did sets of ten throughout the day which felt like a part time job at times. The worst feeling was getting ready to go to bed and remembering I had twenty burpees left. I am really not sure if the challenge helped me become faster or stronger at burpees. However, there is something to be said for sticking with something difficult for 100 days! I realllllly considered quitting on day 50, but I am glad I was able to hang in there. This weekend my two friends and I did our final burpee of the challenge together! Afterwards we got awesome shirts and had a celebratory cheat breakfast.










No comments:

Post a Comment