Friday, June 7, 2013

Pre-Race Meal

I have had stomach issues my whole life. That is what pushed me to do the three month elimination diet, where I found out I was sensitive to gluten and allergic to dairy! I  am always trying to figure out the perfect pre-race meal. I have tried everything! A friend of mine recommend trying a liquid breakfast, so I blended together my usual pre-workout favorites:


The search is over! This tastes so good I almost counted it as a cheat meal. It also gave me the perfect balance of calories and carbohydrates!

Chunky Monkey Protein Shake

1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
1 tbs. peanut butter
1 banana
1 cup chocolate almond milk (or vanilla)
handful of ice/ water to get the consistency you like

Mix all ingredients together in blender.

I played around with the recipe the week before the race. It is never a good idea to try something new the day of a race.


No comments:

Post a Comment